Skip to main content

A new challenger arrives.


I’ve recently become aware that one of the Sprouse twins decided to make his own mead, and am now convinced my ideas are being stolen by the world.  Damn you “the government”. You thought stealers, don't you just hate that feeling when you think of something then it feels like out of no where everyone else is doing it. In all faire was to the sprouts guy though he was doing it long before me. Look I’ll be honest I don’t know if it was Zack or Cody I can’t tell them apart even with names. Although I’m a bit relieved to see he focused on the wine aspect of mead as I was planning to market it and focus my brew more in a simple pint style or beer bottle drink. I’m not planning to make it to sweet just a bit sweeter then most ales. If it’s too sweet at that point I may as well just be drinking fruit juice. I definitely want a flavor profile that focuses more on the bitterness with some sweetness thrown in to make you look forward to the next sip rather than fear it. For now I’m going to wait for my next check to come in before I order the supplies I’ll need to start brewing. Also for now I’m putting whiskey on the back burner as I tackle mead for the next three months. I will still be learning about whiskey but it won't be front and center till I've got the mead crafting process down pat. Ok so for now after looking into the process it seems there's two ways I can go about this. I can just stick to using honey for traditional plain vanilla mead or I can add sweeteners along with it like fruits. Personally I don’t know which direction I’ll head in but for now If I do decide to head down the sweeter route I’m considering strawberries or cherries seeing as to how they are my favorite fruits. Personally I’m kinda interested to try other people’s meads as well. I think when I order my supplies I’ll probably order some meads, might even give that “Sac” and Cody wine a try. For now though I’m just mostly looking up other people’s videos and reading articles about how it's made and the different processes, It’s honestly agitating only being able to imagine rather than try it myself. Till then I’ve also decided to try something a little different for this blog I’ve decided between some of my entries to give my thoughts on some alcoholic beverages. I’ve always had an interest in marketing and advertising so I figured why not use this opportunity to give it a go. I’m going to start giving my thoughts not just on the drinks but also on how they sell it. Then I’ll talk about what I would do in there place. I know they probably don't give a damn about my opinion, but I'm gonna give it anyway cause fuck them this is America. I raise a toast to the next time we can drink together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alcoholics Anonymous ( jägermiester)

Faire warning if you're a fan of jaeger you may want to skip this.Ok so for my first review I figured I'd start you all off with seeing me at my worst, so you can't complain and tell me I used to be different later on. I'm honestly regretting this because in order to give a proper review I have to actually have an ounce. The things we do for nothing sigh. "Down the hatch" Ok you're welcome and f** all of you. If I haven't made it clear I hate jägermiester. It is my least favorite alcohol period. Why, very simple because it taste like crap. Now I know what you're gonna say " but all liquor taste awful", yeah no shit Sherlock. I can handle that what I can't stand is the fact that it taste like cough syrup. At this point why am I not taking shots of Tylenol or Advil they'd have the same affect and taste. Whoever decided this was a good idea you suck. Honestly I know I'm being critical and I don't give a rats ass cause that&#

Bee’s knees

Ok so I recently have come to realize how sad my situation is. I have more alcohol in my fridge then food. Now I'm not a big drinker. Except for social events I hardly ever drink at home. Sure I'll have a single beer every now and again or a glass of liquor, but those are once in a month type things. So in a way it makes sense I have more beer, but still I can't help but feel like maybe it should raise concerns. The one good thing about this blog and my dream of crafting my own brew is at least now I can always excuse the amount of alcohol I have as a necessity. Back on the crafting front I've come to realize why more companies don't go with mead. As luck would have it honey is kind of a main ingredient in mead and looking at recent honey prices I could hear my wallet cry in terror. Honey prices are insane so I'm gonna have to find a way to remedy this situation and keep cost down if I'm ever going to start a business. I considered starting a honey farm sinc

Tequila-Tequila

Recently I've been curious to know what makes tequila different from other liquors. So I finally came across a video that explains just that. Turns out, that agave I've seen on bottles is not some exotic magical plant it's actually pretty common place at any grocery store, heck I've even seen full plants in some backyards. Kinda ruined the mysterious outlook I used to have of tequila. It's honestly kind of amazing seeing how cultures drinks of choice are heavily influenced by what they have available in their environment. It's nice to know no matter what people will find something to make alcohol out of some might call that " a cry for help".....they'd probably be right. Anyways back to the topic at hand agave are like a smoother cactus with less spikes and needles. Interesting enough they don't actually use the the leaf like stems of the plant instead they use the the main body of the plant cutting off all the stems. Definitely not what I exp